NATURAL 100% CACAO NIBS
Food Thoughts Cacao Nibs are from the best ‘Cacao Fino de Aroma’* bean varieties, specially selected for their exquisite quality and intense chocolate flavours.
Gently roasted then cracked using traditional methods ensures health giving nutrients such as Iron, Magnesium and Calcium are retained. A natural source of cacao flavanols & antioxidants.
The intense chocolate flavour and crunchy texture make Food Thoughts Cacao Nibs an ideal healthier baking alternative to chocolate chips or nuts in cookies, biscuits, brownies, cakes. Please note that cacao nibs do not melt. Also a great boost for smoothies, milkshakes or added to your breakfast.
- 100% Natural Cacao
- No Added Sugar
- High in Flavanols & Antioxidants
- Retained Nutrients – Iron, Magnesium, Potassium
- Gluten free.
- Nut free.
- Soya free.
- Suitable for Vegetarians.
INGREDIENTS: Cacao Nibs (100%)
*CACAO FINO DE AROMA is a fine flavour standard given by the International Cocoa Organization (ICO), which describes a cocoa with an exquisite aroma and flavour. The characteristic flavour of Cacao Fino de Aroma that distinguishes it from other cocoas in the world is the is fruity and flowery aromas with nutty malt flavour notes. Cacao Fino de Aroma is a type of cocoa that comes from a cross between Criollo and Forastero Cacao varieties, often categorised as Trinitarian variety. Only around 7% of the cocoa produced in the world is Cacao Fino de Aroma, 76 % of which is produced in Colombia, Ecuador, Perú and Venezuela.
Food Thoughts Natural 100% Cacao Nibs retain many healthy nutrients, flavanols and antioxidants:
Flavanols that help to maintain the elasticity of blood vessels which will support overall blood circulation and promote cardio vascular health.
Antioxidants help neutralize the damaging effects of free radicals in the body, known to be effective in warding off aging- related diseases.
Magnesium helps maintain normal muscle and nerve function, it keeps your heart beating and helps build a healthy immune system.
Iron helps your body to make haemoglobin which is the protein found in red blood cells that carries oxygen around your body and gives blood its red colour. It will help with daily energy levels, mental clarity and the ability to focus.
Fibre is an important part of healthy balanced diet and many people do not get enough in their daily diet. It can help prevent heart disease and diabetes and also improves digestive health.
Advantages of Natural Cacao Nibs Rather than Chocolate Chips / Drops in Baking
Roasted Cacao Nibs
- Non processed
- 100% Pure
- High in Nutrients (Iron, Mg)
- High flavanol levels
- Fibre & Protein maintained http://danettemay.com/cacao-vs-cocoa/
- Processed with Alkali (Dutching)
- Sugar Added
- Nutrients reduced
- Flavanol levels reduced
- Added Fat & Milk
THE LUKER WAY OF SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT FOR COCOA
Cocoa provides livelihood for about 40 to 50 million people worldwide. It impacts the economies of many developing countries. There are diverse global cocoa production challenges, both public and private sectors are dedicating efforts and funding to improve sustainable farming.
- CasaLuker was founded in Colombia over one hundred years ago and is one of the most important buyers of cacao Fino de Aroma in the world. This family owned enterprise is a World Cocoa Foundation member who manufactures and distributes chocolate made with 100% Cacao Fino de Aroma and its derivatives. CasaLuker focuses on creating a long-standing and sustainable cocoa business model for all the stakeholders in the cocoa chain. Five decades ago, La Granja Luker (“The Luker Farm”) was set up and is one of the few and possible best equipped cocoa research centres in the world that has trained 500 teachers, benefitting 13,000 students and 30,000 farmers.
- CasaLuker has many projects that are are committed to the social development of the cocoa sector in Colombia and Peru. It is also a company that has its own strong beliefs: fairness, opportunities, environment, research, training, quality, education, and people, its most precious asset. “The Luker Way” is a connection with partners, farmers, employees, clients and with society at large. Over 7500 families have benefitted from programmes involving 45 cocoa producing associations and 18000 hectares of cocoa plantations.
CASA LUKER SOCIAL IMPACT ON NECOCLI
Necoclí is one of Colombia’s oldest towns founded 1509 and a place where families are finding their way out from poverty, lack of opportunities and an environment affected by violence. Tenaciously and with engagement, hundreds of habitants are working with CasaLuker at its 600 hectares farm, of which 500 are planted. It used to be a land for cattle with only six workers. With CasaLuker´s administration arrival and after planting an agroforestry system (cocoa, timber and plantain), the farm has today an average of 150 permanent people, and in harvest time, 300.
This initiative and CasaLuker´s commitment with the Necoclí families have allowed the social dynamics of this magical place to change positively. CasaLuker supports there three schools of 150 children between 6 and 16 years old that, because of social turbulence, hadn´t ever before dreamed or believed in future. CasaLuker knows that it is not by giving goods how it can make a difference in this small northern town. It is by organizing activities and offering education how it is impacting socially dozens of families.
“The Luker Way” is all about sustainable development and strong beliefs of giving people the ability to dream and take care of the generations to come.