Try our delicious, light Chocolate Meringue Roulade using our healthier baking ingredients.
CHOCOLATE MERINGUE ROULADE
- 5 Free range eggs
- 150g Unrefined caster sugar
- 2 tsp corn flour (sifted)
- 1 tbsp Food Thoughts Organic 100% Cocoa Powder (plus extra for dusting)
- 400 ml Double cream – whipped to soft peaks
- 1 tbsp Icing sugar (plus extra for dusting)
- 1 Vanilla pod – split, seeds scraped out
- 1 handful fresh raspberries, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 150°C/300°F, Gas 2.
- Line a 33x28cm swiss roll tin with baking paper.
- Place the egg whites into a clean bowl and whisk until soft peaks form when the whisk is removed from the bowl.
- Gradually add the caster sugar, whisking continuously, until nearly stiff peaks form.
- Fold in the cornflower and Food Thoughts Cocoa until well combined.
- Spoon the meringue mixture into the prepared swiss roll tin and bake in the oven for one hour, or until cooked but still pliable. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl mix together the whipped double cream, icing sugar and vanilla seeds until just combined.
- Sieve some icing sugar onto another sheet of baking paper in an even layer, then turn the meringue out on top of the icing sugar.
- Spoon the cream onto the meringue and roll up, using the sheet of baking paper to help you lift the meringue. Place the roulade onto a place and dust with more icing sugar and some cocoa powder.