If you haven’t had breakfast yet and are still in need of more chocolate, this is for you! Make it with Food Thoughts Organic 100% Cocoa Powder. Recipe by
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE OATMEAL
- 1 cups rolled oats
- 3-4 cups water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons Food Thoughts Organic 100% Cocoa Powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxmeal
- a dash of cinnamon
- 2 egg whites
- In a saucepan over high heat, place the rolled oats and salt. Cover with 3 cups water. Bring to a boil and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, adding ½ cup water as necessary as the mixture thickens.
- In a small bowl, whisk 4 tablespoons water into the 4 tablespoons cocoa powder to form a smooth sauce. Add the cocoa sauce and the vanilla to the pan and stir until well combined.
- Turn the heat down to low. Add the egg whites and whisk immediately and vigorously to get them fully incorporated. (If you go too slow or don’t whisk right away, you’ll get little chunks of egg whites in your oatmeal). The entire mixture should slowly take on a lighter color and fluff up a bit as the egg whites become incorporated and cook.
- Add the sugar, flaxmeal, and cinnamon. Stir to combine. Remove from heat and serve immediately, topping with powdered sugar or chocolate chips if you want.