You will need
- 5 free range eggs (medium)
- 150g caster sugar
- 2 tsp cornflour (sifted)
- 1 tbsp Food Thoughts Organic Cocoa Powder (plus extra for dusting)
- 400 ml double cream – whipped to soft peaks
- 1 tbsp icing sugar (plus extra for dusting)
- 1 vanilla pod – split, seeds scraped out or vanilla essence to taste
- 1 handful fresh raspberries, to decorate
Preheat the oven to 150°C/300°F, Gas 2.
Line a 33x28cm swiss roll tin with baking paper.
Place the egg whites into a clean bowl and whisk until soft peaks form when the whisk is removed from the bowl.
Gradually add the caster sugar, whisking continuously, until nearly stiff peaks form.
Fold in the cornflour and cocoa powder until well combined.
Spoon the meringue mixture into the prepared swiss roll tin and bake in the oven for 1 hour, or until cooked but still pliable. Set aside to cool.
In a bowl mix together the whipped double cream, icing sugar and vanilla seeds until just combined.
Sieve some icing sugar onto another sheet of baking paper in an even layer, then turn the meringue out on top of the icing sugar.
Spoon the cream onto the meringue and roll up, using the sheet of baking paper to help you lift the meringue. Place the roulade onto a place and dust with more icing sugar and some cocoa powder.