You will need
- For the base
- 150g butter (or dairy free alternative)
- 230g plain flour
- 45g Food Thoughts cacao powder
- 40g caster sugar
- 45ml ice cold water
- For bottom filling layer
- 4 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- For the top filling layer
- 150g smooth peanut butter
- 240ml single cream (or dairy free alternative) (at room temperature)
- 130g Food Thoughts dark chocolate chips
- To decorate
- 50g Food Thoughts dark chocolate chips
- Handful of crushed peanuts
Begin by preheating the oven to 180c and greasing a tart tin.
In a blender, add the butter, flour, cacao powder and caster sugar. Blend for a few seconds until a crumb like mixture forms.
Next add the cold water and blend until the mixture comes together into a ball of dough in the blender. Empty it into the tart tin and flatten into the base and up the sides until the tin is completely covered.
Use a fork to make a few holes in the base and then place the tin into the oven for 14 minutes. Remove and let cool completely.
For the top filling layer melt the dark chocolate chips in 30 seconds increments until melted. Combine with the room temperature cream and peanut butter until smooth. Pour on top of the peanut butter layer.
Place the tart into the fridge to set for a minimum of 1 hour. Overnight is even better.
Melt 50g dark chocolate chips to decorate and finish by adding some crushed peanuts.